Welcome to TSR

This blog was created by three college buddies/sport fanatics, Tim Harrington, Ken Harris and Brenden Regan.

TSR is named after the term the writers used to greet each other "what's up sausages?"

Friday, October 8, 2010

Thoughts so far on MLB postseason

After the first 2 days, heres what I'm thinking
-NO REPLAY IN BASEBALL! Two of the biggest missed calls yesterday were on balls/strikes (Michael Young's checkswing, Pavano's pitch to Berkman.) If it ever gets to the point of replay for balls/strikes, I will probably stop watching baseball all together.

-The Rays are not done. I'll go on record today and say the Rays will win both games in Texas and send it back to the Trop. Garza starts game 3, and he showed in the 2008 ALCS that hes got brass ones and can handle big games. That sets up another Price-Lee matchup in game 4, in which you gotta think Price will bounce back. The Rays are down, but they are not out.

-The Twins are down and out. I like Brian Duensing, just not starting a road playoff game in Yankee Stadium. And even if they win that, they have to beat CC there, where he's like 167-2. Stick a fork in 'em, they're done.

-Listen, I'm rooting for the Reds, but theres no way they win this series. H20 is pitching out of their minds right now. You saw what Halladay did. Hamels has been lights out since September. Roy Freaking Oswalt is their 3rd best starter right now! I would say Dusty screwed the pooch by starting Volquez game 1, but they weren't beating Halladay anyway. Arroyo has a rough playoff track record, granted its from about 6 years ago. Cueto gives the Reds a sliver of hope, but he's throwing against Hamels. And even then, they get to see Halladay in game 4 and Oswalt in game 5.

-Too early to call Braves-Giants. I'll stick with my Braves in 5 call with Hudson-Cain and Hanson-Sanchez coming up. Both should be good matchups.

Also, I'll have my college football picks posted later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment