Welcome to TSR

This blog was created by three college buddies/sport fanatics, Tim Harrington, Ken Harris and Brenden Regan.

TSR is named after the term the writers used to greet each other "what's up sausages?"

Friday, October 22, 2010

The one that got away,,

Many of the guys who read this blog are or were baseball players. Baseball players inherently love baseball caps, sometimes players are more concerned with the look and fit of their hat than they are about their gloves or spikes. I have seen baseball players use baseball caps as currency to gamble on the outcome of drinking games. A good hat is that valuable. 

Nothing is better than a well fitting cap that has been worn over and over.  I found this article describing the relationship between a sports writer and his favorite hat which he affectionately called "Golden Boy." Golden boy was with him for ten years until he lost it. Once someone finds their "Golden Boy" they hang onto it for as long as possible. See Trevor Bauer of UCLA, or Trott Nixon, former Red Sox great.

Anyways the point of this post is to have people share their "golden boy." Mine was my sophomore year high school baseball hat. It was a mesh fitted navy blue hat. The logo was a BM criss crossed like the old Milwaukee brewers logo. I lost the hat the summer after my freshman year in college while travelling in Ireland. The hat was more purple than blue due to fading by the time I lost it.

Post your golden boy in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Vermont Lake Monsters size 7 3/8. Had it for 2 years now and its still going strong. However, my Holy Grail is still the 2003 (maybe 2004) Blue Jays with the bird flexing over the T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My summer travel hat when I was 14. ES interlocked, navy cap red bill. Had my number on the back. Wore it everywhere. Sweat in it so much it shriveled up but I still have it in my closet as a keep-sake.

    ReplyDelete