Welcome to TSR

This blog was created by three college buddies/sport fanatics, Tim Harrington, Ken Harris and Brenden Regan.

TSR is named after the term the writers used to greet each other "what's up sausages?"

Monday, December 27, 2010

Strange But True


During my senior year in college I legitimately had a thick callus on my left thumb from playing too much Nintendo 64. Anyone who has played a lot of Mario Kart 64 knows that power sliding requires quite a bit of thumb torque. Joel Zumaya knows my pain. The fire balling right hander nearly had to sit out the 2006 World Series while playing for the Tigers due to hours and hours of Guitar Hero in his hotel room (Guitar Hero 2, I believe, best soundtrack of them all). He developed short term carpal tunnel from strumming fake guitar. Strange injuries happen all the time in pro sports, and it seems that baseball players encounter them more than other pro athletes. I have a friend who never fails to remind me that the promise of a young Clint Barmes was tattered when he fell down a flight of stairs. Who can forget Sammy Sosa going on the disabled list after unleashing a violent sneeze. 

Over the past two weeks ESPN's Jason Stark has been recapping some of the stranger moments from the 2010 MLB season. He goes over all of the strange injuries in this segment

No comments:

Post a Comment